Saturday, October 26, 2013

Trick or Treat Decor

I want to say I feel bad about this but I don't. I keep EVERYTHING well almost everything for a few months even if I don't like it or know what to do with it. I have a large box with random items in it. Why you ask? You never know when you will be able to use something for another purpose. This is the perfect example. 

I was given two of these as a gift a few years back. It had the name of our family on it and our wedding date. What do I need two for? So I kept this one and recently decided to paint over it and turn it into a Halloween decoration. A little black paint covered the letters and I was then able to use a gold sharpie marker to write Trick or Treat on it. The images ... those took me a day or two to figure out. I used the gold sharpie to color a stamp and then stamped it onto the wood. I'm thinking I'll change the leaf in that top right corner on Trick. It did not turn out as I'd have liked. But all in all I'm happy with it. I'm thinking about writing something on the back for Thanksgiving so I have another piece of decor for the cost of oh NOTHING. Can't beat that. 

So see what you can find and see in a new light. You might be surprised at what can be changed into something else.

0 comments:

Post a Comment