I absolutely adore children's movies. But not just any of them. They have to have a funny little animal or character or in this case a minnion. I remember thinking the first movie was cute when it came out. I have yet to see the second movie but love the minnion craze that is happening at the moment. The little guys crack me up.
So in looking for a unique easy cake idea for my sisters birthday I knew I had to try these out. I saw something similar on Pinterest but had to adapt it for family cake preferences and the tools I had to use. They turned out pretty well. This would be a great cake for the kids to help you make. My younger sister got a kick out of helping make them.
- Cake Mix-I used a yellow box cake mix
- Frosting-Chocolate Fudge is what I used here
- Chocolate sprinkles
- Small Ziplock
- Bake the cupcakes
- Frost the Cupcakes
- Cut Twinkies in half
- Put a tablespoon or two in a plastic bag in the corner and snip the corner off.
- Use a dot of frosting to stick two smarties on a half of a Twinkie.
- Use the frosting again to outline the smarties and make the goggles/glasses and again for a mouth.
- Add eyeballs with the frosting as well.
- Place the prepared half Twinkie in the center of a cupcake
- Place sprinkles on top of the Twinkie for hair.
- Continue to decorate remaining cupcakes until finished.
You are DONE!