Saturday, October 12, 2013

Flip Flop Cake

Quick Summer Cakes

I'm more of a baker than a cook. At least I like to think I am. I really enjoy doing fun cakes for birthdays. Only trouble is most of the ones I want to do are so involved that I end up messing them up or am far to intimidated to try them in the first place. So I'm starting with simple and working my way up. I'm happy to say that this cake worked out the first try. Its very hard to mess up.

Needed Ingredients:
This is the perfect example of simple. All you need is the cake. Either make one from scratch or use a boxed cake mix of your choosing. Same with the frosting. Use home made or store bought. Then you'll need any type of small candy. I used skittles here but you could use M&M's or Reeses Pieces or Red Hots. Almost any small candy will work. 

How To:

Simply bake the cake in an 9 by 13 pan or any large flat pan. When the cake is out and cooled cut two flip flop shaped pieces. Cut them as large as you can so you can use as much of the cake as possible. Place them on a platter. Use a spatula or both hands to get them from the pan to the platter so they don't split in half. Frost them. Then add the candies to make the foot pieces. You can frost the entire cake or just leave the sides open. Whichever you choose. The excess cake can be eaten and/or frosted if you like. 

Fun for summer parties or any type of ocean themed party or shower. Good luck!



0 comments:

Post a Comment