Monday, October 28, 2013

Autumn Decor to last September through November

Autumn is one of my favorite times of the year. The smells, the colors, and the excitement of the holidays. But rather then decorate over and over during such a busy season sometimes it is nice to be able to make Fall/Autumn touches to your home and have them last for 3 full months rather than a few weeks. So a few ideas to help get you through the Autumn season. Of course you can add in Halloween decor for the month of October but take it down and you are still left with fall colors that will work for November.

  • I bought I small sprig of leaves from a local craft store for $1.50. However, it did not look like this when I bought it. It was much smaller and a little sad looking. I found some fake leaves and added a few more to the ones already there. I also found a few pinecones from the local park and glued them on to add more visual interest to it. Finally I added a burlap ribbon from my scrap box and stepped back to a finished product. I chose to hang it in my kitchen but it could be placed on a mantel, in a wreath, or anywhere you choose.




  • A leaf garland from the Dollar Store adds color and interest. Two face pumpkins from Walmart were 1.00 each and also add color and a festive touch.


  • Pinecones, another 1.00 garland, a glass jar, and a candle holder complete the mantel. A thank you note adds a personal touch.



0 comments:

Post a Comment