Monday, December 10, 2012

Star Christmas Wreath and/or Card Holder

Easy Christmas Card Holder



I began making this in hopes I could use it to fill some blank space on top of my cupboards during the Holidays. I love using stars at Christmas time. But as I completed it I found it was not as sturdy as I wanted it to be and so my thoughts changed on its purpose.

Using paint sticks, hot glue, and twine. I made a large star. Once finished you can add ribbon and use it as a wreath for your front door or inside your home or use cloths pins to attach Christmas Cards. It keeps them all in one easy place where you can enjoy them throughout the month and it makes a festive decoration at the same time.

If you follow my instructions you'll save yourself a good amount of time as I had to experiment with this several times before I finally figured out the best way to do it.

Supplies Needed
  • Twine, Ribbon, Burlap
  • Paint Sticks or if you'd like it smaller use popsicle sticks
  • Glue- I used hot glue from a low temp glue gun

Step 1
Wrap your sticks in ribbon, twine, or burlap. I put the star together first and then tried to wrap it. It was very time consuming and didn't work well on the hinges with the twine. They slid to the side even after glueing and left large gaping pieces of wood.  If you used a thick ribbon you would most likely be fine to assemble the star first if you would like. But if you use twine. Wrap your individual pieces together first.


Step 2
Glue two pieces together in a "V". Then glue the other pieces together 2 at a time in "V"s also. This will insure that all the points of your star are the same size. (Forgive the blurry image. Its what happens when you have children waiting on you.)



Step 3
Assemble your star by gluing your "V"s together one at a time until you have your desired shape.


Step 4
Add a ribbon to hang your star. If you are using it as a wreath you are done. Simply hang it wherever you would like. Add greenery, pinecones, whatever you like to the inside or sides.



Step 5
Using clothes pins or any other form you prefer attach your Christmas Cards to different points on the star. You are done. Such a good way to get cards off of your counter and enjoy them.



Check out other great projects that are part of Tuesday Link ups on these great blogs at  http://linda-coastalcharm.blogspot.com  http://www.sugarbeecrafts.com  and   http://todayscreativeblog.net

0 comments:

Post a Comment