Thursday, December 6, 2012

Candy 12 Days of Christmas

For the past 3 years I've been wanting to do the 12 Days of Christmas for my husband. But every year I make it too hard and in the end I don't end up doing it because I'm trying to do 12 of one thing, then 11, and so on. Or I'm trying to do a gift a day which gets quite expensive and then is less money to spend on an actual Christmas present.

This year I decided to simplify and make sure I got it done. As the old saying goes.... "the best way to a mans heart is through his stomach" ha ha. Men love FOOD. So, I made up some simple rhymes to go with the candy I was using each day, made simple tags, and purchased all of the treats when I was at the grocery store. No running around for 12 separate presents. No trying to find certain numbers of things. I wrote down a list of my his favorite treats and then made the rhyme. Use the same rhyme or come up with some of your own to fit the candy item you are using. (Disclaimer- some of them are cheesy to get them to work. :))

Starting on the 13th of December I plan on leaving that days treat in a random place where he'll find it. The car, his chair, in a coat pocket, you get the idea. You could easily change this up for a friend, neighbor, or other relative. You could also do it with homemade baked goods instead of store bought. I just don't have the time to do that this year.


I've included my rhymes and some suggestions for different candy you could use if you didn't like the ones set to go with it.

Needed Items:
  • Candy/Food/Drink Items
  • Tags-handwritten or computer
  • Ribbon to attach tags to food item


12 Days till Christmas and a treat from the MRS.
Giving you lots of HUGS AND KISSES.
 *Hershey Kisses





11 Days till Christmas and I’m grateful I can say,
You and I work together and don’t have to have it our own WAY
*Milky Way Candy Bar






10 Days till Christmas here is to you.
A HUGE Thank You for all you DEW! *Mountain Dew





















9 Days till Christmas and I wish you would,
Know that you are looking MM good! 
*M&Ms
















8 Days till Christmas and glad we met years ago,
So sad we are a bit out of shape like a plump MARSHMALLOW
*Marshmallows
 (My husband and I joke about how we are out of shape... and he loves marshmallows. You may need to change this one for your needs.)




7 Days just a week to go,
Love you to PIECES-Hope you know!















6 days till Christmas enjoy a small SNACK,
While you kick back and watch the Duck Dynasty Quacks! (Snack Pack, could also use fruit snacks) (-my husband watches Duck Dynasty you could change this to "While you kick back and relax.)














Days till Christmas and you know what I did?
Found some time for you to spend with me and the KID
*Sour Patch Kids


Days till Christmas and nothing is BUTTER,
Then you helping around the house like no other! 
* Peanut Butter Snickers, could also do peanut butter cups, Nutter Butters, or anything with peanut butter in it.



3 Days till Christmas your work week is almost done,
ROLOn home for movies, cookies, and Christmas fun!
*ROlOS, Christmas cookies, a movie


2 Days till Christmas and what do you know!
 A treat waits for you, have an OREO
*Oreo











Day till Christmas and there is no way to measure,
 You and the tyke are my most valuable TREASURE.
*Hershey Gold Nugget Chocolates, Gold Chocolate Coins, Buck Bar


Here are all 12 in order, without the notes and candy types beside them so it is easier to read and print if you are going to use them. 



12 Days till Christmas and a treat from the MRS.
Giving you lots of HUGS AND KISSES.


11 Days till Christmas and I’m grateful I can say,
You and I work together and don’t have to have it our own WAY


10 Days till Christmas here is to you.
A HUGE Thank You for all you DEW


9 Days till Christmas and I wish you would,
Know that you are looking MM good! 


8 Days till Christmas and glad we met years ago,
So sad we are a bit out of shape like a plump MARSHMALLOW


7 Days just a week to go,
Love you to PIECES-Hope you know!


6 days till Christmas enjoy a small SNACK,
While you kick back and watch the Duck Dynasty Quacks! 


5 Days till Christmas and you know what I did?
Found some time for you to spend with me and the KID


4 Days till Christmas and nothing is BUTTER,
Then you helping around the house like no other! 



3 Days till Christmas your work week is almost done,
ROLOn home for movies, cookies, and Christmas fun!


2 Days till Christmas and what do you know!
 A treat waits for you, have an OREO


1 Day till Christmas and there is no way to measure,
 You and the tyke are my most valuable TREASURE.









0 comments:

Post a Comment