Thursday, June 19, 2014

4th of July Star Spangled Brownies

I made these the other day just to see how they would work out… when attending family functions I always want to bring something cool but I never test it out or I find something that far exceeds my ability as a cook/chef so either I become frustrated or I take something that is not that great. After seeing  July 4th treats starting to pop up I thought I'd try these as they are much easier than the red white and blue concoctions I am seeing. Although those look fabulous I have nowhere near the kind of time required to put one of those tasty treats together but…. I can do this.

First- Make a pan of brownies. From scratch… good for you. I used a box. 

Second- Cut out stars. . I had these star shaped post it notes so I did not even have to cut.

                                       
Third- Place stars as you would like on your brownies.

Fourth- Dust the top of brownies with white powdered sugar.


Fifth - pull off the stars and you are left with the outline of a star. Not the most technical but still a fun idea for the 4th and something kids can very easily help out with.

Last and the best? Cut, serve, and enjoy!
Have an easy 4th of July treat? I'd love to hear it. I'm always looking for simple!


0 comments:

Post a Comment