Tuesday, July 16, 2013

DIY Modge Podge Pirate Dresser Update

I have tried to use Modge Podge in the past and failed terribly so when I was given a dresser and saw some creative things online I thought I would give it a try one more time. After several attempts at finding the right paper to cover the dresser I was able to find some pirate drawings. I measured and cut and Modge Podged my little heart out. As I'm still learning there are some places where the paper is not as smooth as I would like it but overall it turned out ok. 

If you are brave enough to try something similar I just recommend using a heavy enough paper. Otherwise it is more difficult. Take a look at the pics and let me know what you think. My next undertaking is a somewhat matching side table. We'll see how that goes.

  • Find your paper

  • Clean your surface

  • Take off knobs if applicable

  • Put down a layer of Modge Podge

  • Carefully place paper and smooth with hands to get bumps out

  • Add another layer of Modge Podge

  • Let dry

  • Add as many layers of Modge Podge as you would like for the look you are going for

  • Finished.

  • I spray painted the same knobs black and put them back on so it looked more "Pirate-ish"




Before

After

Middle Drawers-I got the horizon line a little off.  Oops lesson learned for next time.
One of the sides of the dresser- close up


Top of the dresser-Pirate ship

Finished Product

0 comments:

Post a Comment