Thursday, December 20, 2012

DIY Glass Painting




A girl in my neighborhood made her own plates a few months ago. Drew designs on them with colored sharpies. You couldn't tell they were white plates that had been drawn upon. Then I saw on pinterest glasses with dots on them of all different shades and I thought I would try to make Christmas designs. Here is my attempt. 

Using red acrylic paint and the end of a paint brush I made three small dots next to each other in the hopes that they would be holly berries. I tried about a dozen different variations of green leaves and ended up wiping them off every time deciding I liked the plain red berries best. 









I wanted something green to go with the red so I tried Christmas trees using the end of a paint brush. I loaded it up with paint and started out small and then moved to a thicker base until it resembled a tree. I tried adding white dots for snow, didn't like it. Then tried a gold dot on the tree top for a star. Didn't like it. So just kept the trees by themselves. 


Once painted I put them in the oven. Turned it on to 350 degrees for 30 minutes and let them heat up, cook, and cool. I haven't tried to wash them yet but supposedly this will make them permanent??? I don't know. I'll let you know about the paint. Maybe that only works with Sharpies. Good luck if you tried it. It was kind of fun to experiment with different designs on the glasses to see which worked best.







0 comments:

Post a Comment