- Felt of your choice
- Embroidery Thread of your choice
- Stuffing of your choice
- I purchased a few sheets of Ivory felt and cranberry embroidery floss from the store and got to work.
- I cut traced and cut out the pattern from the magazine.
- Left off the head piece, tail piece, wings, and eyes.
- Traced the paper patter on the Ivory felt.
- Cut it out and sewed around the edges of the dove until I had 3 sides put together.
- I stuffed the little dove with toilet paper as I had no bunting and sewed up my final side.
- I then added a loop at the top to hang in to the tree and looked at my final product.
As I like many things quite simple I adored how the little bird turned out. I set out to make a few more so I would have a set. 5 birds later I had new decorations for my tree that I have used every year since.
Here is the finished product. Just a friendly reminder to not be afraid to use ideas from places and then make little tweaks to make them your own. Change what you need to fit your skill level, supplies, or time constraints. You might be pleasantly surprised with the outcome. Scroll down to see the original ornament.
|From the Front|
|My Finished Ornament-A Dove|
|Original Ornament from BHG Magazine|