Monday, August 11, 2014

Make a Kids Quilt from Bed Sheets

 I love the look and feel of homemade quilts but I don't have the know how or time to put together an actual quilt so..... while at the store i came across the most adorable Jake and the Neverland Pirate sheets. (Target) I bought them and when I showed them to my mom she suggested making a blanket out of them. 


So away we went. I ended up using the bottom fitted sheet on the bed. The top sheet I used for the top of the blanket, then found a sandy yellow that I liked at Walmart. You can buy top and bottom sheets separately there.

We came home, ironed both of the top sheets to get the creases out so we'd have a little extra fabric, pinned them together with some batting in between, did a quick edge on the sewing machine, and then tied it with some cream yarn. 

As you can see from the above picture the little guy loves it! It was so much easier that putting together quilt blocks. They had some adorable little girl sheets at Target that would be so cute for a bed spread. There are quite a few options. 

A few pictures of the crew helping tie the quilt/blanket.


0 comments:

Post a Comment